Small World Map

Financing home

Using financial aid

If you currently receive financial aid, you must first apply to a study abroad program. The Office of Study Abroad will forward a Financial Aid Approval Form (FAAF) to the MSU Financial Aid OfficeOpens in new window for processing.This form will list the approximate amount of money needed (including airfare and spending money) to finance that particular program.

If you are not currently receiving financial aid, you may apply for aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Opens in new window. All students are eligible for either need-based subsidized or unsubsidized non-need-based federal Stafford loans.

Students can use their Michigan Education Trust (MET) while studying abroad.

Other Financial Aid resources:

*Adobe Acrobat Reader Opens in new window is required to read PDF documents.